I am sure we all have had some craze for having cool water bottles during our childhood, didn’t we? If not, many of us might have gained interest I having one when we started travelling to the mountains, beautiful cities and beaches. Just like our backpacks and wallets, it is an important accessory to carry to keep ourselves hydrated all the time. While having a hot day out in the sun and hiking on the steep slopes, all the mouth craves for is some water to end the thirst. Water is something that can cause a lot of diseases if you are travelling in unknown lands and consume something from there that is not reliable and clean. Also, when in the wild, you cannot expect to have purified water. This is where a self-filtered water bottle comes in handy.
Water is something that makes counts to averagely 70% our body weight. So the health of our body is a lot dependant on the intake of clean and purified water. Generally, it is said that we should take 8-10glasses of water per day. This can help us in keeping our body fit and healthy. But it should be pure, clean and free from outside contamination. So we must be aware of the kind of water we take because even a small amount of contaminated water can cause serious ailments to us.
But why do we need a self-filtering water bottle? Like you & me, an average person spends a good amount of money on buying plastic water bottles that become a waste after the water gets finished. Not only we are wasting money but also increasing the plastic consumption which is bad for the natural environment. So as a responsible green traveller and as a human being too, it is our responsibility to lessen the plastic waste around us. Therefore, the water bottles with filters are what we should magnetize more towards. And not to mention that these can help you hundreds of dollars every year on plastic water bottle purchases.
A perfect water bottle is the one that keeps your water cold in the sunshine, hot in the winters, protects germ from entering it, avoids spill, doesn’t leak, looks cool and stylish and much more. Oh see, we are demanding so much from a water bottle. Well, that’s what they are designed for. With so many options it becomes a bit difficult to choose the right one. With a fair bit of research and peersonal usage of water bottles, I have compiled some best ones for you to make your decision a bit easier.
Best Filtered Water Bottles for Travelling
- Made of advanced hollow fibre membrane technology
- 2 stage filtration process
- 670 ml capacity
- Leak Proof Design
- The replaceable integrated filter filters 1000 litres of water. So you just need to change the filter when the previous one reaches its capacity.
- Tested to surpass all the EPA Standards
- Removes 99.99% of waterborne bacteria and parasites
- Removable Silicon Mouthpiece is easily washable
- Zero After Taste (No silicone, iodine r any other chemical)
- High Flow Rate (1.7 litres/ minute)
- Filter can easily be cleaned by backflush
- Weight: 0.24 pounds
- Dimensions: 9 x 3 x 3 inches
- Beautiful Design and comes in 5 colours (Blue, Green, Grey, Purple and Pink)
This durable water bottle provides safe and clean drinking e=water and is one of the best sellers online. One can fill water from a nearby stream. pond or any water resource no matter how dirty it is. The Lifestraw Go will clean and filter it for you. It is a perfect product for your hiking and camping adventures. So in any of the extreme conditions where you have only dirty water, this will come to your rescue. Having it during such conditions will make you feel like Bear Grylls (The Host of Man vs Wild Fame).
It has an incorporated carbon capsule that is effective for up too 100 litres or 3 months of continuous use. Also, it has a carabiner so you can hook it up with your backpack. Being ultralight in weight it won’t put more burden on your shoulder as well. It is no doubt one of the best travel water bottles with a filter. Also, LifeStraw is a brand that you can bank upon.
- Wide Mouth 2.19″
- Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Shield (Keeps water Cool for 24 hours and Hot up to 6 hours)
- Powder Coating on the out doesn’t let the bottle slip
- Made of Stainless Steel
- Flip Straw Lid
- Capacity 0.53 litres
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 2.91 x 2.91 inches
- Weight: 0.66 pounds
- 18 colours to make a choice
This one’s probably the best-insulated bottles available and is sure to keep your liquids cool on a scorching sunny day trip. It is neatly designed and stands tough in any extreme conditions. It is easy to clean and does not hold any odours. The look of the metal made water bottles is always so nice and this one scores a high five on it. It is one of the best insulated water bottles that can hold temperatures for long hours.
Do note that it comes with 18, 32 and 40 oz mouth opening, So the first two sizes can easily fit in your side pockets of the bag as well as it can be hanged with a carabiner. but a 40oz flask might not be able to fit in some backpacks or the water holders in your cars on the door side. The thermos flask is a bit heavier than the plastic bottles, but one doesn’t get such features in the later one. Hydro Flask is something that you can use in your daily home usage or while playing outdoors as well.
- BPA free bottle filter
- No odour and chemical taste after filtration
- The capacity of the filter places is 40 litres after which it needs to be changed
- Built-in carrying loop and sip spout
- 20 oz. capacity
- Soft squeezed plastic
- Dishwasher safe
- Dimension: 4.4 x 2.9 x 9.8 inches
The sports style bottle is really durable and can be used during gyming, driving, school, office or hiking. You can take water from any source and the filter in the bottle will do the rest of the formalities for you. It saves your money as well as reduces the plastic footprint. The filtered water will keep you hydrated while travelling when you don’t find any other resource to have. Yoy may also check the bigger versions of the bottle i.e the Brita Hard Sided Bottle. This squeezy plastic watr=er bottle is fun to use for all age groups and for any sorts of travel. It is worth giving a try for your next adventures.
- Compact and easy to Use
- Removes 99.99% of the water bacteria and protozoan cysts
- Filters metals and other particulate matter
- Can clean 16 oz of water in 15 seconds at one go
- A rugged base made of Two layers of non-woven ceramic fibre
- Positively charged mesh of ions
- Water tastes better, no odour or smell
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 2.4 x 9.4 inches
- A standout modern design
The sleek and sexy design of the bottle makes it one of the most popular in the market. It is so easy to use and is fast as well. Just fill in the water from any source on the earth and press down the filter (like you do in french press coffee) and it’s clean and safe for drinking. It can’t get any better than this. Though it stores less water than other bottles of its category and is good for single persons use, still it has many positives that make it a worth buying product.
This bottle will surely help you on your camping, hiking, fishing, or any sort of a trip. It is the favourite among the adventurers. The portable filter will be with you all throughout and can clean any sort of water. So just grab it and get going. It’s a bit higher in price but well worth it. Specially designed for outdoors, it is one of the best water bottles for travel.
- BPA Free
- Big Bite valve is made from medical grade silicone
- Easy to refill and use
- Reduces chlorine and odour
- Sustainable plant-based filter 3 months or 48 gallons of water
- A single Filter can be used for 3 months or up to 48 gallons of water
- 5 unique colours
- Capacity: 20 ounces/ 6L
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 9.84 inches
- Weight: 0.25 pounds
This travel water bottle comes with an integrated loop which makes it easy to handle. It is something not found in any other bottle. Also, this sturdy bottle can withstand water ranging in temperature from 34 – 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It gives you a good tasty water during your travels. An important thing to note is that, the water filters only the tap water. It can’t kill the bacteria of the river, stream, ponds, etc.
- Gravity-fed filtration method
- Reduces contaminants like aesthetic chlorine, chloramine, atrazine and other particulate matter
- push button lid with one-handed operation
- integrated carrying loop
- Capacity of the filter – 20 gallons (or 128 full bottles), Change filter after use.
- Dishwasher Safe
- Great water flow rate due to its open spout
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.5 x 10.8 inches
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
Please note that the filter does not purify the water that is microbiologically unsafe. Useful only for the city tap water. The bottle comes in 5 different colours and has a 22-ounce capacity. It is great to filter the municipal water in the cities and also leaves a very good taste to the water after filtration. The filtration process of the water is very subtle. It takes 10 seconds ti fii=ll the reservoir once its empty. Overall it is easy to use in your normal routine at home, office or your weekend gateways. I mentioned this item because it is economical, but you won’t get everything in this price, To look for a better filter one needs to spend more money.
- Tough, durable and flexible Silicone Body
- Super Compact to roll on your wrist or anywhere in your bag
- free of BPA, BPS, PVC, lead, and other harmful chemicals
- Sealed Twist Cap eliminates germs and spills
- Easy to wash
- Handles hot and cold drinks
- Wide Mouth makes it easy to put in ice cubes and chopped fruits as well
- Made of 100% non-toxic materials
- No plastic taste or odour
- Freezable and heat resistant
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 3 x 3 inches
- Weight: 0.46 pounds
The best option if you like something flexible and compact. This beautifully designed bottle is as compact as your pocket is and is made for the travellers who like to carry light. So if you are going on a long international trip or a long trek, this is certainly one out of the lot you can go for. It is favourite amongst the backpackers and lifestyle enthusiast. Easy to carry while travelling, hiking, camping and placing in your car dashboard or bike racks. This travel water bottle proves that tiny things can do bigger jobs as well.
So, we may not lay much emphasis on selecting a nice water bottle, but before commencing our travels and adventures it becomes quite a vital task to select the finest bottle. Hope the above stack of water bottles assists you in picking up the ideal one.
Liked It? Pin It!
Disclaimer: This post has some affiliate links. If you purchase any of the products by clicking on the image links, I might get a little commission at no extra cost to you. This will help in motivating me to continue running the blog for you all. Thanks! 🙂